Upcoming Fashion Trends in Clothing for Women in 2021
We’re only a few weeks away from 2021 and we’ve got an insider peek into the hottest fashion trends for next year. Ready?
Women’s Fashion Trends For 2021
Butter yellow will be the hottest colour in 2021. This is a departure from the usual annual colour palettes, which are normally dominated by muted colours. Butter yellow is inspiring, energising, and cheerful – we can all agree that cheerful and happy colours are much needed in this coming year!
And there’s another shade you’ll want to keep your eyes on during 2021: lilac. It’s been a while since we last saw this gorgeous colour on the catwalks – since the early 2000s, to be precise. But lilac is back and will be one of the colours to wear next year, starting right now. It’s ultra-feminine, understated, and a sure way to brighten up the darkest winter day.
Moving onto next year’s most popular pattern, we’d like you to get acquainted with checkered prints. Plaids and tartans are such an autumn and winter classic, but next year’s novelty will be the addition of bold gingham prints too. Our suggestion is to go for a total look: if you’re going to wear checks or gingham, make sure you get your whole outfit covered in them.
Another huge trend in 2021 will be puffed and dramatic sleeves. In 2021, there won’t be such a thing as too puffy when it comes to sleeves. The trick is to pair them with minimalist designs and solid colours. They’re perfect for Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve celebrations! And in 2021, not only sleeves will be puffy: we’ve seen some colour-blocked padded jackets that also have the puff factor.
Other Trends You Won’t Want To Miss
- Contrasting textures in coats and outerwear, which will be loose-fitting without being oversized. Very tactile textures that offer warmth are in: think of sheepskin, faux fur, quilted and fluffy teddy coats or even mini skirts.
- Functionality is the word. This season will be dominated by practical garments that you can use again and again and dress up or down. Reversible jackets are set to become a must-have.
- Patchwork designs will compete for attention with checkered patterns.
- Cardigans are back. Cardis are a chic way to stay warm and cosy. Layer them over dresses, cropped tops, or even jumpers and you’ll be warm without needing to wear bulky coats or jackets. And because they come in all sorts of lengths, they’re incredibly versatile too. Having said that, it seems that 2021 will be the year of cropped cardigans.
- Switch to bermuda shorts. We’ve seen quite a few designers bring bermuda shorts to the catwalks, and we can’t have enough of them. The twist is that in 2021, bermuda shorts will be dressy instead of casual, featuring glitzy fabrics like satin or tailored styles that you can wear to the office or to a date.